Who We Are
Philosophical Model: DIR
KidTalk Program New!
New Client Packet
New Client Packet (Infant)
PHI Release from KidWorks
PHI Release to KidWorks
KidTalk Group Feeding Therapy Intake
KidTalk Group Preschool Language Therapy
The It Takes Two to Talk approach recognizes:
- The importance of parent and caregiver involvement
- The need for early intervention
- The children learn to communicate during everyday activities and conversation with the important people in their lives.
The Children in the Program:
- Children who may not be using any words, but may communicate by looking, pointing, reaching, etc.
- Children who may be using one word or sign at a time
- Children who may be putting two or three words together
When parents come to the It Takes Two to Talk Program they:
- Learn to use strategies to help their children communicate using everyday activities.
- Get support from the SLP and other parents in the group who have children with language delays
- The Program consists of:
- Parent Orientation- Group informational session telling the parents about the philosophy and structure of the program before they commit.
- Pre-Program Consultation-The SLP assess the childs communication and talks to the parents about communication goals. The parents are videoed as a baseline for progress at the end of the program.
- 8 Group Sessions for Parents-A parent group where the parents are involved in small group activities, group discussions, and viewing videos. The parents are asked to read specific chapters in the parent guidebook It Takes Two to Talk: A Practical Guide for Parents of Children with Language Delays before each group session. The sessions are interactive; the parents learn and practice strategies within the learning environment.
- 3 Individual Visits with video feedback These are held after every 2-3 group sessions. The SLP video tapes the parent interacting with their child practicing what they learned during the group sessions for about 5 minutes. After taping, the parent and SLP watch and discuss the tape together get specific informationand guidance about the interaction.
Details of the session are coming soon. If you are interested, please contact the office soon at (512) 444-7219, as the program will have limited enrollment. We are excited to be providing this program for your children, and we look forward to their progress.